No matter how much I espouse positivity and optimism I struggle hugely to get my head together returning from the Christmas holidays.
As I sat in my car last Sunday morning feeling sorry
for myself I got a text from out of the blue from the former Ernst Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Pádraig Ó Céidigh.
‘Hi P. What is your one big goal for 2012 in your personal and business life? No need to tell me, but what is the one success in 2012 that will make a significant difference. Then go for it’.
I did an immediate ‘SARAH’. I was –
Shocked that I got a text on a Sunday morning and rapidly
Angered that I didn’t have an answer to the question.
Rejected it because questions like that are for work days.
Accepted that this was the most important exercise I needed to do then and looked for some immediate
By Monday, 24 hours later, I had my answer – and with it direction, focus and energy.
In order therefore, to make 2012 a great year, take the time to:
1. Get a good SHAG for 2012 – (Smácht Hairy Audacious Goal).
2. Text or email it to me and we will remind you of it every Monday morning for 2012.
3. Create a 1 Page Strategic Plan for your business with monthly accountability – my sincere thanks to Brian Keville from Keville
Mc Carthy O Sullivan, a Smáchtee in Galway, who did some great work on this over Christmas. I will conduct a complimentary Skype call with each Smáchtee this month to complete this great document.
4. Think big for 2012. I was speaking with Marie O’Riordan, the famous Irish girl who is taking the Middle East by storm, in Galway last week and I asked her what was the difference that made the difference in her life. She told me that she met with Bob Proctor three years ago and he told her to add a ‘0’ on to what she hoped to earn that year.
5. And if you’re still in doubt as to the power of ‘thinking big’ reflect on the beautiful words of the American writer Marianne Williamson “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you”
6. Programme your SHAG each morning and evening on the screen of your mind. To intensify this, listen to Niamh Flynn’s excellent free hypnosis tape on hypnotized.ie or get the CD ‘Use Your Mind for a Change’.
Have a great 2012.