09/loveredumbrella-300×225.jpg” alt=”” width=”300″ height=”225″ />
‘Love is a verb. It needs to be acted upon’
Fr. John Powell
I remember shortly after creating SMACHT meeting Michael Keaney, father of Diarmuid, one of our outstanding Smachties. Michael is a wonderful Gaelgeoir (Irish speaker) and I thought he’d be really impressed with me naming a course with an Irish title.
I asked him in Irish what he thought of the title. After some reflection he replied. ‘Bheadh an grá níos fearr’ – ‘Love would be better’.
I was a bit disappointed to be frank. I thought he’d missed the point. After all I was designing courses for dynamic people in challenging environments. Not many management treatises mention love.
And after much reflection myself. And having listened repeatedly to the travails of hundreds of hard-nosed and decent people I now realise the wisdom of his words.
The proactive pursuit of ‘Love’ – in business, in our community and in our country deserves to be right on up there with those other personality-less terms so endeared by the business community such as leadership, strategy, accountability, execution, corporate responsibility and governance.
Imagine for a moment if corporate decision making was predicated upon issues of ‘Love’ rather than just
Picture on a personal level if performance appraisals weighted ‘Love’ on an equal footing with ‘Sales’.
Think about the impact treating people with dignity, and respect and love would have on your customer retention.
I have no doubt that career satisfaction would soar – as would profitability, production and performance.
The following is my ‘Del Boy’ approach to loving and to being loved.
1. Love is a verb. In order to activate love in your environs you have to act on it – not the other way around. Therefore, it requires SMACHT. Begin to brainstorm people, places, positions and perspectives that you could infuse with love.
2. All true love begins with loving yourself. You can only ever love someone else to the degree that you can love yourself. It may surprise you that to begin doing this you may need a considerable rewiring of your brain circuitry. Simply begin now by affirming to yourself ‘I approve of myself’. If you find yourself resisting this it’s a sure sign you need to work on your self loving. If you work with me I’ll get you doing it in front of a mirror and you’ll experience massive changes for the better.
3. Love your work. Many clients complain to me that they hate their work. I always counsel them to either give it up or change their attitude to it. Either way, as Disraeli said, ‘Life is too short to be little’.
4. Love your home. You spend a massive amount of time there. Begin by making it a perfect place for your bidding. Even a few small changes like fresh flowers, uplifting photographs and a good sound system can instantly increase the love vibration. By clearing clutter you also free up much mental space
5. Attract the perfect lover into your life. Make no mistake about it ‘like attracts like’. If you are lonely and finding it hard to find your soul mate it may well be that you are projecting the wrong vibration. By changing your vibration you will instantly change who and what you are attracting into your life.
Louise Hay wrote a mighty incantation on practical loving called ‘In the Centre of My Being’
Give it much SMACHT.
Repeat it morning and evening as applied self-hypnosis.
In the Centre of my Being by Louise Hay.
Deep at the Centre of my being is an infinite well of love.
I now allow this love to flow to the surface.
It fills my heart, my mind, my body, my consciousness, my very being, and radiates out from me in all directions, and returns to me multiplied.
The more love I use and give, the more I have to give. The supply is endless. The use of love makes me feel good, it is an expression of my inner joy.
I love myself, therefore I take loving care of my body.
I lovingly feed it nourishing food and beverages. I lovingly groom it and dress it, and my body responds to me with vibrant health and energy.
I love myself, therefore I provide for myself a lovely home, one that fills all my needs and is a pleasure to be in. I fill the rooms with the vibration of love so that all who enter, myself included, will feel the love and be nourished by it.
I love myself, therefore I work at a job that I truly love doing, one that uses my creative talents and abilities, working with and for people that I truly love and love me, and earning great money.
I love myself, therefore I behave and think in a loving way to all people, for I know that which I give out returns to me multiplied. I only attract loving people in my world for they are a mirror of what I am.
I love myself, therefore I forgive and totally release the past and all past experiences and I a free.
I love myself, therefore I live totally in the now, experiencing each moment as good and knowing that my future is bright and joyous, and secure for I am a beloved
child of the universe and the universe lovingly takes care of me now and forever more. And so it is.
PS. Since becoming certified as a hypnotherapist in June I am daily astounded by the breakthroughs that clients are achieving by applying the twin forces of SMACHT and their SUBCONSCIOUS minds. Watch out for my new website, SMACHTHYPNOSIS.com, which is being launched this Thursday, which describes the power of SMACHTHYPNOSIS, in:
*Getting a Loan
*Becoming Financially Free
*Turbocharging Your Motivation
*Transforming Your Body (and not by dieting)
*Winning Friends and Influencing People
Or call Sara on 091 865340 for an appointment.
PPS. An exciting new SMACHT programme being organised by Donegal County Enterprise Board begins next week in Donegal. Such has been the response that another one has been scheduled to begin in October. Contact Donegal County Enterprise Board well before the All Ireland Final.
PPPS. SMACHT Mór is on November 2nd. Just put it in your diary. It will be awesome.