Reilly took his grand-daughter, Zara, out the Flaggy Shore yesterday to show her the first of the years Gentian Violets.
They were so engrossed looking at the rare and beautiful flowers that they didn’t hear the car behind them until it honked its horn shrilly.
Turning around they observed a portly man in a big car with the passenger window down.
‘How far is it to Linnanes Lobster Bar,’ he guffawed gruffly.
Before Reilly could get a word out, Zara pipes up.
‘It’s 24,885 miles.’
The visitor was clearly unimpressed and let her know that in no uncertain terms.
‘Hey Missey, back where I come from, children are seen and not heard.’
With that, he put the boot down and tore off like the clappers out west along the Flaggy Shore.
‘That was a bit of a porky you told there Zara,’ says Reilly gently.
‘Not at all Reilly. If he continues in that direction that’s exactly how far it is. The thing is, if he turned around, it’s less than a mile.’
Not for the first time Reilly was reminded of the phrase – ‘Out of the mouths of babes.’
• Direction in business and life is everything.
• There’s no point going faster if you’re going in the wrong direction.
• Look on everyone as your teacher and everyday will be a school day.
‘If the ladder is not leaning against the right wall, every step we take just gets us to the wrong place faster.’
1. Where are you in your business now?
2. Is it where you want to be?
3. What are you going to do about it?
If you’re not, you could do worse than join Reilly for a day in The Salthill Hotel in Galway on May 5th next. He’s launching his new training programme – THE SMALL BUSINESS SUCCESS MASTERCLASS where he’ll share the six essential disciplines required to survive and thrive in 2023.
On this MASTERCLASS You’ll Discover
• The MASTER MINDSET that separates winning from losing, success from failure.
• The SINGLE BIGGEST REASON small businesses fail and what you can do at the MASTERCLASS to overcome this.
• The FORMULA for clarifying your marketing message so that your customers listen and take action.
• The ONE SENTENCE that can get your phone buzzing and sales flowing into your business.
• Why SOCIAL MEDIA is becoming less and less effective and the old fashioned strategy you can apply to ensure your customers read your message
• The ESSENTIAL PERSONALITY type you need on your team to ensure you survive and thrive.
PS. This is a Smácht Mór session which means it will be limited to the first 20 people to sign up. To book your place please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org